Friday 2 March 2012

.breaking news.

Sometimes when we are in bed, Nyah will do this little "inch worm" move to nestle into me so I thought that maybe she could roll over. So the other day Jay and I were playing with her on the floor and we were trying to get her to roll over from her back to stomach. She was pretty close! She uses her arm for momentum and throws it over her little body to start the rolling motion but she hasn't quite figured out how to move the underneath arm in order to get all the way over. It was so exciting to watch her try. So many times she almost did it! I was so proud that I could have almost cried!

Fast forward 2 days and you can imagine my surprise when during "tummy time" Miss. Nyah just rolls over from her tummy to back like it's no big deal!! **Reader discretion is advised; there is going to be some serious Mommy bragging coming up... lol... I can't believe that at 14 weeks and 6 days old, my little girl rolled over! What a smarty pants! Of course I did not have the camera ready to capture this amazing event so there are no rolling over photos to go with this post.

What I do have is some cute pictures from our first Valentines Day with Nyah. Everything just seems so much more special with her around. It was really fun to shop for little gifts for her and Jay.


I found this really sweet baby's 1st Valentines Day card that I'm going to keep and put in her baby book.


I wasn't really sure what to get Nyah for Valentines Day. Obviously chocolates were a no go and I didn't really think she could appreciate pretty flowers quite yet. When I saw this sweet little lamb, I knew he would be perfect for her. Happy Valentines Day My Girl!


Even Daddy couldn't resist a cuddle with his girl and her little lamb!


Picking out a little gift for Jay was so easy. Ever since I was pregnant he talked about wanting one of those baby carriers that you wear. I figured this would be a great gift and a great way for him to spend some special time with his little Valentine.


Now I could end this post here and it would already be ranked as my best Valentines Day ever! But this day got even more special when I received the most amazing Valentines gift from my loves. Jay and Nyah got me a beautiful white gold necklace with the letters of Nyah's name as the pendant! I absolutely LOVE this necklace! It means so much to me! One day when Nyah is older I'm going to give it to her on Valentines Day and I hope she loves it as much as I did.

In the afternoon, we meet up with Kristen and Adrianna for a Valentines Play Group Party. A group of local moms put together this little potluck party. It was super cute and a great way for kids and other mom's to connect. After the play group it was time to get ready for dinner. I was making a roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies and yorkshire puddings! Unfortunately, it didn't quite turn out as planned. When I opened the oven there was a little bit of smoke! I didn't put enough water in the bottom of the roasting pan. Luckily, the roast was fine. The gravy on the other hand, not very good. For dessert I had bought the cutest little heart shaped ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. It was the best part of the whole meal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment