Monday 5 March 2012

.mommy loves you.

A couple weeks ago when I was laying in bed with Nyah I was overcome with the feeling of love and security as I remembered something from my childhood that I hadn't remembered in years and years. At first I was a little sad that I didn't really "remember" it until now. But then I realized that as I get older my childhood memories may become foggy as I create new memories with my own family but the old memories will always be there. And it's amazing how they "re-surface" at just the right moments. So as Nyah lay sleeping so peacefully, I softly kissed her forehead and gently whispered the words that I had heard every night of my childhood... "Good night, God Bless you, Mommy loves you". Ever since that night I've whispered these words to Nyah every night before she falls asleep. And when she gets older and asked me why I say this to her every night I will tell her because my mommy used to say it to me when I was a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment