Tuesday 27 March 2012

.splash.

A couple weeks ago, on a trip across the border, we bought Nyah her first bathing suit. Ever since then we have been dying to take her swimming. She's had a runny nose for a few weeks and I thought she may have a cold but since it's been so long now, I think my girl may suffer like her mama from allergies. So yesterday we decided we had waited long enough and it was time to take our girl to the South Surrey pool.

When we got to the pool we were so excited for Nyah to have her first swim we shared our excitement with the woman checking us in. She must have figured that we were new parents and had no idea what we were doing because she asked us if we had a pool diaper. Both Jay and I looked at each other clueless... I asked the woman if we could just use a regular diaper and I proceeded to get the feces in the pool lecture! Luckily, they had a reusable pool diaper for sale. So after purchasing this pool diaper for $11.00 we continued into the family change room. We stripped Nyah down and put her in the pool diaper. It was way too big.... if Nyah decided to "drop any kids of at the pool" they definitely would have gone for a swim. The woman at the front was really great and when Jay took the diaper back and told her it was way too big she gave him a smaller one. Even the smaller one was a little big but at this point I just wanted to get in the pool and swim with my girl. Once we got in our bathing suits it was time for one quick picture then off to the pool.


I love her little yellow ruffle swimsuit!


Nyah loves the bath so I was really hoping she would love the pool. Just like at bath time, I dipped her toes in so she could feel the water temperature. The kids pool was nice and warm.


We brought our camera in the underwater housing so we could take a picture of her chubby little legs under the water.


She really wasn't too sure what was happening. There was a lot of noise and a lot of people and things to look at. She was really serious the whole time and this was the closes expression we got to a smile.


She definitely looked cute as a button.


This was pretty much the look she had on her face the whole time! She was just so busy checking everything out.


She was probably wondering what the heck all these people were doing in her bath!


We took a couple family shots in the pool and this was the best one. Unfortunately, we had a water drop on the lens. I'm sure if we had a fancy editing program I might be able to fix it but I don't. If anyone out there wants to help and thinks they can fix this with some type of photoshop program, we would really appreciate it!


We weren't in the pool long before the little miss started to yawn. She had just had a nap before we got to the pool but it was a little too short.


After about 20 minutes, I thought it might be time to head home. We took one look at her little feet all pruned up and knew it was time to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment