Tuesday 15 October 2013

.Hawaii.

Can we please go back right now??!! Maui was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!! A much needed break from our everyday life and routine. I was pretty anxious about how Nyah would handle the 6 hour plane ride but she totally surprised me. She was such a good girl! She totally just rolled with it and made the best of being trapped in her seat for 6 hours! We were very fortunate the flights weren't full and she was able to have her own seat coming and going. Having an ipad full of episodes of Elmo's world helped too!
 
We stayed at The Castle Kamaole Sands Hotel on recommendation from Brandy and Paul and it was great! The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. The kiddie pool was a hit! It was so nice that it was shallow enough for Nyah to walk around on her own. By the end of the holiday she was jumping off the stairs in the pool into our arms!
 






We spent most of our time relaxing at a different beach everyday. Nyah really enjoyed playing in the sand and water. The weather was beautiful and the water was so warm. Baby beach in Lahaina was our favourite. The waves broke on a reef quite a ways out so it was as calm as a lake so we didn't have to worry about waves knocking Nyah over.






I swear everyday we ate shaved ice. Did you know you can get it with ice cream and gummy bears! To die for! It's no wonder I gained 6 pounds while there! Nyah loved it too! My girl was totally spoiled while on holiday. She went from never having sweets to eating shaved ice, ice cream, cookies and candy! Although she doesn't look happy in this picture, I think the mess all over her face and legs says it all! Haha!


Our condo was perfect. It had 2 bathrooms and the bedroom was at the end of the hall so you didn't have to worry too much about disturbing anyone if they were sleeping. The unit had a gorgeous kitchen where we enjoyed most of our breakfasts and some lunches.



This is what happens when you let your toddler put her sunscreen on herself!


 
The banyan tree


One of the largest banyan trees in the United States. Imported from India and planted in front of the Lahaina Courthouse and Lahaina Harbor on 1873, this sprawling tree along Front Street is the size of an entire city block and stands more than 60-feet high. If you need to cool down a bit, you can walk for two-thirds of an acre under the shadow of its sweeping branches.



As soon as Jay spotted this man with a harp on the street he was pulling out his wallet to give him money. When Jay dropped the cash in his hat, the gentleman starting to play and it was beautiful. It's not often you get to hear a harp especially not on the side of the street. When the man finished playing, he looked at Nyah and said "You recognize that sound don't you baby?". My first thought was great... this guys is nuts! He obviously thinks he recognizes us or something and now we have to stand here and entertain this crazy conversation. Boy, was I ever wrong and did I ever learn a lesson in judgement when he said some of the kindest words I have ever heard to Nyah.... "In heaven right sweetheart? The harps played before you came to be with your parents". Instantly, my heart warmed and my eyes filled with tears. Both Jay and I were extremely touched by his comment. I think I was so moved by his words because he's right... She is a gift from heaven.
 



 
Typical Nyah... Laid back chillin' in her stroller. Sunnies on (sort of) ready to roll with her yogurt covered raisin!
 

A little coloring while waiting for the best chicken wings at Lahaina Pizza co. They were so good we went back again a couple nights later!






We saw some pretty amazing sunsets. There is something so relaxing and peaceful about taking time out of your day to watch the sunset. It's a great time to reflect and give thanks for all the wonderful things you have in life. This sunset was right after meeting the man with the harp. Jay and Nyah were running around playing so I was really able to feel the beauty of the sunset and reflect on the words of the man with the harp. Its so easy in the hustle of life to sometime forget that there is something greater out there.





When I saw this sign in an ice cream shop, I knew I had to take a picture to make sure Jay would bring me back here after dinner. Ice cream and cookies.... together.... as one! I die! My two favourites in one... it was love!


I choose my favourite flavour of ice cream... mint chocolate chip... and for the cookies I went with my favourite, chocolate chip, for one side and double chocolate chip for the other side. My mouth is seriously watering right now!

 
Baby Beach







Cheeseburger in paradise. I got hustled here by a fast talking French Canadian waitress. When she took our drink order I asked for a diet coke. She then bombarded me ,in her thick accent, with questions about my order... diet coke?... oui?... refillable?... Like that girl?... Pointing to someone with a plastic cup of pop... I responded with a yes not too sure what was so difficult about a diet coke. It wasn't until the bill came that I realized that I agreed to a $10 diet coke in a stupid plastic souvenir mug! Well played frenchy! Well played!










 
I'm pretty sure this sandwich weighed as much as Nyah. All three of us were able to share it and still have leftover for the birds!

 
This is my favourite photo of Nyah at the beach. It totally embodies her love for the beach!


Thank you Maui for a wonderful 1st family vacation. I'm sure we will be back one day! And thank you Allegiant Air for cancelling our flight home and giving us one more day in paradise. It's just too bad you tried to put us up in a hotel that looked liked it offered hourly rates! It's a good thing you said you'd refund us the costs of our flights! This totally makes the inconvenience worth it! Another free vacation! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment