Thursday 15 August 2013

.daddy day.

 
Confession... I'm chronologically challenged! Clearly father's day was a LONG time ago and I've been meaning to post this forever! This year father's day was such a special day. Nyah and I got to spoil her daddy rotten! Thanks to pinterest, we came across a "daddy's stache" jar and knew this would be the perfect gift for our sweets loving guy. We filled it right to the top full of daddy's favourite candies and chocolates. Jay had been wanting an ipad mini for a while. Nyah and I were SO excited that we could buy him one for his special day. We wrapped it up in the most beautiful wrapping paper and we couldn't wait to give it to him! I'm pretty sure I told him on 2 separate occasions that he could open a gift early cause I was so excited but he was a good daddy and waited!
 


After opening our gifts we headed off to one of my most favorite local farms... Krause Berry Farms. I love everything about this place... the general store FULL of lots of yummy goodies and berries, the u-pick flower garden, the patio concession, the playground, the petting farm and of course the fields and fields of delicious berries!  I have such good memories at this farm. The very first time I ever visited this farm was with Rylynn when she was living with us and now to return with my own daughter makes it even more special.


 
The strawberries were so GOOD!

 
Cover them in chocolate and they are to die for!!


This story is too fun not to share.... sorry babe! When Nyah saw this cute little piggy she smiled a huge smile, pointed and said DADA! You could tell everyone around was trying not to laugh. Poor Jay! I'm sure she meant to say Tucker!
 
 
I can't wait till Nyah is a little older and we can do this together. I love fresh flowers!
 

 
Daddy and his little lady... who was NOT loving the camera that day!



(It's become sort of a tradition that I write a letter to Nyah on Mother's Day and since Jay is not into the whole blogging thing I thought maybe I would write her one on Father's Day too.... here goes....)

Dear Nyah,


I knew the first moment I saw him lay eyes on you that there would never be a day that he wouldn't love you. When it comes to dad's, you are one lucky girl! I married your Dad because I knew he would love you more than life itself. I knew he would not only show up, he would be truly present at every milestone of your life. I knew that he would make you feel loved, and he would never be afraid to say those three magic words: I love you. I knew he would be the kind of Dad that every kid deserves. Even now, when he looks at you it's like that very first day all over again... his heart so full of love it beams out his eyes. I know that right now you are sort of a mommy's girl but its only a matter of time until you truly see and understand what I have always seen and in that moment I know you will forever be a daddy's girl.

love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment