Tuesday 16 April 2013

.butterflies and dandelions.

You always hear that it's the small things in life that truly matter and I don't know if I fully understood this until I became a parent.

Today at the park, Nyah tried to chase her first butterfly.  She took a couple steps to try and follow it but it flew away so she just stood still and didn't take her eyes off it until it was out of sight. The amazement and curiosity on her face brought pure joy to my heart.


After a little play time we took a walk through the grass and soaked in the warm sun and all the beautiful flowers and trees. Nyah spotted a dandelion in the grass and took no time to walk over to it and pick it. In that moment, I fondly remembered making dandelion crows as a little girl to wear in my hair and I wondered if one day Nyah will want me to teach her how to make one.


Butterflies and dandelions. Thank you for reminding me it's the small things in life that matter the most.

(Today I left both my phone and camera at home.... on purpose... so thank you Google for the photos).



No comments:

Post a Comment