Thursday 21 November 2013

.2 has arrived.

Nyah is two! Let me say that again... Two.... The big 2. I swear she woke up on the morning of her birthday and she was a grown up! It happened that fast. 

She really is becoming quite the opinionated little girl. You can often find her making a fish face while repeatedly saying No, No, No over and over again. Most of the time its SUPER cute... except that time at ballet where she lost her marbles because she didnt want to wait her turn and decided to have a full blown tantrum in the middle of the floor (although tantrums in tutu's are almost cute...).

Everyday she is saying new words and learning how to communicate. If she cant pronounce the full word she makes up her own abbreviation for it... like co for coloring or wa for water. She is very good with her manners... Peas and  wellwum. My favorite is when she says meme for excuse me after she farts. Such a lady!

I am still waiting for her to sleep through the night. This has been our greatest challenge. I know that when she is ready it will just happen but lord can momma use 8 consecutive hours. Just once! 

Jay and I decided that we didnt really want to introduce tv to her when she was a baby. We felt it was important that she learn to play both independently and with friends first. Recently, we have started to let her watch sesame street and SHE loves it. She dances with the music and tries to sing-a-long. To say she is obssessed with Elmo would be an understatement. Thats why picking a theme for her birthday was a no brainer!

Im so thankful that this year everyone was healthy and I was actually able to execute the party as I had planned. It was so nice having Kym here to help out too! Its always super special when your bff gets to share in the important moments of your child's life!

This year I let Jay off the hook and made all the decorations myself. Elmo themed decorations are pretty basic and easy. I got all my ideas from pinterest. 


Today's party was brought to you by the number 2.... (I was pretty happy with the way it turned out... Who knew coffee filters could look so pretty).



.... And by the letter N







I'm so lucky to have so many talented friends! Deanne made these cupcakes and they were delicious!


























No comments:

Post a Comment