Thursday 26 July 2012

.1st family trip.

On July14th we loaded up the car with pretty much everything Nyah owned including the dog and made the 4 hour (usually 3 hour without a baby) to Kamloops. Nyah and I had done this trip once before when she was 5 months old and it went very smoothly. This time around I had a feeling the trip wasn't going to be so easy breezy with an 8 month old and I was right! The first 45 minutes in the car passed without a problem. Miss. Nyah was asleep. But once she woke up and realized we were still in the car she was not a happy girl. Insert crying and tears for what seemed like forever here! It was so bad we decided to pull off at a rest stop to give her a break. Jay and I had stopped at this same rest spot once before on one of our many trips to the loops and it was infested with mosquitos. Turns out the mosquitos never left! Yikes! There were so many that I didn't even want to take Nyah out of the car to nurse so I ended up bringing her into the front seat with me while the pesky mosquitos swarmed the car waiting to attack! After a short break, we decided to continue on our journey. I usually really enjoy the beautiful scenic mountain drive in the summer time but with a baby it feels like a game of beat the clock. The whole time you are anticipating with anexity when she'll wake up. You feel guilty because she doesn't understand why she has to be strapped in the car for so long and that the end result is going to be so fun at grandma and grandpa's house. Once we finally got there, I was able finally able to relax.

Rylynn was so excited we were there. She kept Uncle Jay busy the WHOLE time playing baseball and jumping on the trampoline. Watching Rylynn interact with Nyah is so special. She is always so gentle and kind with her. Given the many difficult adversities and challenges Rylynn has had to face in her life, she is an amazing little girl. Her spirit is so sweet and the things she says are so loving and wise beyond her years. Rylynn showed me Nyah's rattle and one end is a heart and she said to me "Auntie Leah... this is like me and Nyah... One heart together". Bless her heart! I love Rylynn very much and we share a special bond having been through some tough times together. There is nothing in the whole world I wouldn't do for that kid.

Overall the trip went really well. Everyone got to visit with Nyah and Jay and I got to spend time with Rylynn. As always I brought my nail polishes cause it's become a tradition that I give Miss. Rylynn a manicure. This time it was purple with a top coat of sparkles! Too bad that after a couple hours she has picked a lot of it off. Funny girl! My Uncle Walter and Auntie Beth came up to the house for a coffee and donuts and to see the little one. It's always nice getting to visit with them.

The drive home was much better than the drive up. We left later in the afternoon hoping for a long afternoon nap and it worked. So all in all I'd say it wasn't too bad although I don't think we'll be doing it again soon. Travelling with a baby is exhausting!


This girl is seriously good at baseball!


Prettiest baseball player EVER! I love that she's playing in a pretty blue dress with sequins!


That is the face of a HOME RUN!


Yahoo!


My 2 best girls!


Grandma and grandma's girl.

Grandma's going to be mad I put this on here but too bad! Somehow Grandpa managed to avoid the camera this trip so we will have to make up for it next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment